The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the Caribbean > Other

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Fly fishing in Germany help

Thanks Eddie,

Kinda weird, when I first spotted this thread back up the links (none of them) would load the UK forums
Old 11-05-2013, 04:11 PM

dhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
I may be wrong, but Germany does not have any public waters where you can just decide to go fishing. There is a pretty drawn out process to get licensed as well as a slew of other rules. Here is a link that may help answer your questions:

Fly Fishing in Germany

Kelly.
The link led to an extremely interesting article on fishing in Germany. I was impressed by the amount of education that German authorities require fishers to undertake.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:36 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly's got it right! Very strict rules and enforcement! Learned the hard way in the 70s when a farmer told my German speaking gf that I could fish a lake near Bremeraven. I was wondering why all the guys with euro tackle on the banks were staring at me fly fishing and releasing Bach Forellen (Brown Trout the only German word I knew beside beer!).then the constable came and wanted to lock me up!Still don't know what went wrong to this day but that was my extent of German fishing!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-19-2013, 04:46 AM

bluewingoliver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Kelly's got it right! Very strict rules and enforcement! Learned the hard way in the 70s when a farmer told my German speaking gf that I could fish a lake near Bremeraven. I was wondering why all the guys with euro tackle on the banks were staring at me fly fishing and releasing Bach Forellen (Brown Trout the only German word I knew beside beer!).then the constable came and wanted to lock me up!Still don't know what went wrong to this day but that was my extent of German fishing!
Today, C&R is basically banned in Germany, but I don't know what the situation was in the 70s. Maybe you strolled up to the wrong lake.

In Switzerland we have a similar law. Fishing with the "intent" to catch and release a fish isn't allowed. How someone determines that intent is beyond me. Releasing fish that are undersized or protected is the law, but you can also release non-targeted species and fish for "ecological reasons". The only fish you are absolutely required to kill are non-natives (rainbows, sunfish, etc.)

Honestly, if I were going to Germany, wanted to spend a day fishing, and I didn't speak German, I'd probably just go ahead and hire a guide. I find it all confusing enough and I'm fluent...