The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the Caribbean > Other

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 AM

paflyfisher is on a distinguished road
Default Fly fishing in Germany help

Hey guys recently found out I'm heading to Germany any information would be helpful. I'm staying on the Rhine in Koblenz if that helps. I have done some research and learned a little about the licenses and renting the land but any information would be appreciated.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly fishing in Germany help

We have a german member:The North American Fly Fishing Forum - View Profile: thorsten
he may help you...try to pm him in case he doesn't see you post.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 PM

Thanks jpbfly i sent him a mesage
Old 07-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Let us know if he finds the message and replies. Our mirror image forum is 'The Fly Forums UK & Ireland' there are members there who may be very familiar with Germany and I know some German members as well. Here's the link; Fly Fishing Forums. Fly fishing news, chat, reviews, advice and reports. Join over 50,000 registered members.

You will have to register as you did here and then find your way around a bit. The forums are powered by the same software so it'll be easy to find the proper sub forum to post your questions in.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 11-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 AM

Thanks HardyReels I made another topic on that forum so hopefully ill get some answers.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

They have a 'Destinations' sub forum there. That's where to post, the travelers will spot you better, good luck.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-05-2013, 01:00 PM

jgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nice

I would like to resurrect this thread. The link that Ard provided in July does not work and I have not been able to find a suitable forum to query. I amNot sure if any of our members can help me out but here goes.

I am off to Spangdahlem AFB in a couple of weeks to visit my daughter and son-in-law. They are both active USAAF and just got back from Kandahar. While the majority of our trip will be seeing the sights in the Rheinland-Pfalz section of Germany I might just find some time to wet a line. We are going to be there for a significant chunk of time and I can't spend all my time eating weiner-wurst and drinking beer. There is not too much information on the internet but from what I read is that the Suhr (sp) is close and full of Grayling, which I believe are still in season.

If anyone has any first hand information on fishing this region I'm all ears or eyes.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Old 11-05-2013, 01:16 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

I may be wrong, but Germany does not have any public waters where you can just decide to go fishing. There is a pretty drawn out process to get licensed as well as a slew of other rules. Here is a link that may help answer your questions:

Fly Fishing in Germany

Kelly.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:12 PM

jgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nice

Kelly,

Thanks for the link. I think I'll pack up some stuff, head into town on an off day and ask around. If I can't fish, I can't fish but damn it, I'm not leaving home without a little gear.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:58 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Here is the link for the U.K. Forum.
Fly Fishing Forums. Fly fishing news, chat, reviews, advice and reports. Join over 50,000 registered members.
The URL was changed a while back.