October in the Northwest

mrheuer

Reaction score
Hey all,
I wanted to plan a weekend trip in October, somewhere in the Northwest. Washington, Idaho or Montana preferably. If you had to pick your favorite place to fish this time of year where would it be and what species would you fish.

Thanks!

JBinUTAH

Reaction score
Theres nothing like the lake-run browns and rainbows on the Madison River just outside Yellowstone. October is incredible fishing. I have a vacation home near there and will hunt the morning and evening and fish mid day. Very little pressure with lots of big fish. Do a google search and read it for yourself. Spectacular!

tightlines57

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to fish Montana in September or October. My cost, after flyfishing for a few days I have to help a friend of my daughter drive his 66 Mustang from Montana to North Carolina. I think I can afford the fee.

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don Stracener said:
If you like Salmon - Chillawack, Canada. They are very hot in October, 20-30 fish days.
Chillawack - lol - sounds like something you do in your refrigerator. Sorry couldnt resist.

harleydeen

Reaction score
Skating october caddis imitations to summer runs on the Sky and Stilly systems...

Oh and chasing salmon along with 'em...

rw993

Reaction score
Chilliwack is a nice piece of water. I fished it Sept last year. The water was low and the salmon were late, but hooked a nice Steelie (8-10lb). Made my day.
RW

Joni

Reaction score
I agree on the Madison, and if you can get access to a boat of some kind, Hebgen or Henry's.