The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 11:09 PM

raiderdingo is on a distinguished road
Default Travel to Seattle

I will be traveling to Seattle on the 3rd of July until the 24th to visit friends. I would like to do some fishing day trips during the week while my friends are at work. Can someone recommend place's to fish that aren't to far out of the city? I am family with the area as I use to live in Carnation but that was before I fished.

much appreciated

ryan
Old 06-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Travel to Seattle

Hello Ryan,

I am also going to Seattle during the month of July- 18th-25th. We have family that just moved there. I have done a little digging. I plan to fish the sound for sea run cuts as well as makiing a day trip to the Yakima river. I will be checking back to see if you get any good advice. I will PM you the info I have received so far.

Thanks,

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 AM

raiderdingo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply CTL. I would very much appreciate any advice you can give me as it becomes available to you. Being from Jacksonville all my fishing is salt, so I wouldn't mind getting salty in the sound as well.

thanks
ryan
Old 08-05-2011, 04:23 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: Travel to Seattle

What's the word guys? I'm curious with a trip to Seattle planned as well in September. Should I be looking for Salmon, Steelhead or???
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racine View Post
What's the word guys? I'm curious with a trip to Seattle planned as well in September. Should I be looking for Salmon, Steelhead or???
The answer to your September trip is 'Yes.' However, the reg's on what you can 'keep/fish for' really vary from River to River so read your game regs before you head out. 99% certain you can access same on line.

fae