The North American Fly Fishing Forum


Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2007, 01:22 PM
SpottedTailProductions's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9
SpottedTailProductions is on a distinguished road
Default Alaskan video

Just thought some of you might like to see this short video from my 2005 season up in Alaska. I guided up there for the season, so this footage was shot over the course of the entire 4 months.

http://www.spottedtailproductions.com/videos.html

Hope you enjoy. Feedback welcome !
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Frank Whiton's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,301
Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Alaskan video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpottedTailProductions View Post
Just thought some of you might like to see this short video from my 2005 season up in Alaska. I guided up there for the season, so this footage was shot over the course of the entire 4 months.

http://www.spottedtailproductions.com/videos.html

Hope you enjoy. Feedback welcome !
Nice video, I tried to guess what area it was but not enough information. The plane landing looked a lot like the Yentna but there are so many glacier fed rivers that it could be anywhere. I like the way you produced the video but the music was too much. I would have liked something a little more calmer to match the scenes. Good job overall.----Frank
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:27 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 62
Yoffione is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alaskan video

Cool, very nice. I dug the music. Thanks.
__________________
Lets go huntin, fishin, drinkin or sumthin!!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1
Fishartist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alaskan video

Man that was some great footage! Please let me know when your guiding up there again, I havent been so envious of fishing spots in a long time. Great work!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007, 09:44 AM
SpottedTailProductions's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9
SpottedTailProductions is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alaskan video

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry one of you did not like the music. Personally, I feel that a lot of fishing shows/videos are ruined by people talking too much or sappy narrative. As an alternative, I try to incorporate music into my videos in a way that isn't just background music. Obviously, there will be portions and clips that need less audio to provide more focus on vocals or ambient noises, etc. At either rate, I respect the opinion of others and appreciate all of your sharing.

As to being back up in Alaska, I doubt it will happen any time soon. I'll be guiding this coming summer season down in Florida with these guys: www.shallowwaterexpeditions.com
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007, 09:45 AM
SpottedTailProductions's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9
SpottedTailProductions is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alaskan video

Oh, and that was a close guess, but the plane landing is actually on the Skwentna (same watershed, if I am not mistaken), and most of the fishing is on the Talachulitna.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Frank Whiton's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,301
Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Alaskan video

I was going to guess the Tal but just wasn't sure. I also thought it might be Lake Creek. Yes, the Skwentna is the same water shed. The Skwentna empties into the Yentna. If I remember correctly, the Tal empties into the Skwentna less than a mile from the confluence with the Yentna. I have flown and fished all over that area. Were you guiding with the Skwentna Lodge? -------Frank
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Frank Whiton's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,301
Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Alaskan video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpottedTailProductions View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry one of you did not like the music. Personally, I feel that a lot of fishing shows/videos are ruined by people talking too much or sappy narrative. As an alternative, I try to incorporate music into my videos in a way that isn't just background music. Obviously, there will be portions and clips that need less audio to provide more focus on vocals or ambient noises, etc. At either rate, I respect the opinion of others and appreciate all of your sharing.

As to being back up in Alaska, I doubt it will happen any time soon. I'll be guiding this coming summer season down in Florida with these guys: www.shallowwaterexpeditions.com
The Wator Color resort is a neat place. Some good fishing there but I didn't know they had very many Tarpon. Mostly trout and Redfish. You will enyoy your work there.----Frank
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007, 01:42 PM
SpottedTailProductions's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9
SpottedTailProductions is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alaskan video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
The Wator Color resort is a neat place. Some good fishing there but I didn't know they had very many Tarpon. Mostly trout and Redfish. You will enyoy your work there.----Frank
I've fished down there a bunch. Worked down there for 3 summers, and fished it off and on for about 5+ years. Tarpon are there if you know where to find them.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
SpottedTailProductions's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9
SpottedTailProductions is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alaskan video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
I was going to guess the Tal but just wasn't sure. I also thought it might be Lake Creek. Yes, the Skwentna is the same water shed. The Skwentna empties into the Yentna. If I remember correctly, the Tal empties into the Skwentna less than a mile from the confluence with the Yentna. I have flown and fished all over that area. Were you guiding with the Skwentna Lodge? -------Frank
Yep I was guiding on the Tal. It empties into the Skwentna, but the confluence with the Yentna is a bit further downstream. I ran up and down the Skwentna to pick up clients from the float planes, and I never once went down far enough to hit the Yentna. We ran up too somewhat and fished Canyon Creek, which is by far my favorite in that area. Guiding with Talaview Lodge. Not sure what their status is these days....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An interesting read......... Fly Guyusa The Fly Cast 4 02-28-2008 11:44 PM
Fred Bear Quote Piscator General Discussion 7 03-21-2007 11:23 PM
St Croix Premier Fly Rod & Sage 1201 Reel 4 Pc (6 Wt) tango Fly Rods 2 03-12-2007 09:09 AM
Hi from Ariz. Bugchecker Member Introductions 2 06-26-2006 05:25 AM













All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
2005-2014 The North American Fly Fishing Forum. All rights reserved.