The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/)
-   -   Southwest Oregon - Early October (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/185889-southwest-oregon-early-october.html)

deanm 09-21-2011 02:07 PM

Southwest Oregon - Early October

Hi there!
Just found this site, seems to be alot of great information on here.
Looking at the Grants Pass area in Early October, not looking for anyones rock to stand on, but, some areas to concentrate on would be great.

My wife and I only chuck feathers and are looking for some bank accessible water to swing flys , or hit some tailouts with a egg patterns, as I think the trout will be keying in on the spawning salmon.

As we have never fished that area (last year we hit the Bend area and had lots of fun on the Metolious, Deschutes and the Fall) would like some pointers and maybe a few shops that we should hit up and possibly a guide or two for a daytrip?

Really appreciate any information you might be able to forward on, always willing to trade a few BC spots with ya.

Regards

Dean

gatortransplant 09-21-2011 03:06 PM

Re: Southwest Oregon - Early October

:welcome: Dean! Glad to see (read) a new face (avatar) on the forum! While I am of little use, I'm sure someone will weigh in soon with more than enough useful information to answer your questions! Again, welcome!

oarfish 09-30-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanm (Post 320449)
Hi there!
Just found this site, seems to be alot of great information on here.
Looking at the Grants Pass area in Early October, not looking for anyones rock to stand on, but, some areas to concentrate on would be great.

My wife and I only chuck feathers and are looking for some bank accessible water to swing flys , or hit some tailouts with a egg patterns, as I think the trout will be keying in on the spawning salmon.

As we have never fished that area (last year we hit the Bend area and had lots of fun on the Metolious, Deschutes and the Fall) would like some pointers and maybe a few shops that we should hit up and possibly a guide or two for a daytrip?

Really appreciate any information you might be able to forward on, always willing to trade a few BC spots with ya.

Regards

Dean

Hi Dean and welcome to the site.

google Fly Fish USA they've been in the business for years and should be able to help you.
I've ony fished the lower parts of the Rogue so no help from me for the Grants Pass area, hope you have a good trip.

Rick

fredaevans 11-14-2011 11:07 AM

Waaaaaaay out of date seeing this thread :teef: but the 'upper-Rogue is my play ground. Anyone needs info on the who/what/where/when feel free to contact me.

And yes, I have no problem telling you 'what rock to stand on.' ;)

Fred Evans
White City
Oregon