The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 02:07 PM

deanm is on a distinguished road
Smile Southwest Oregon - Early October

Hi there!
Just found this site, seems to be alot of great information on here.
Looking at the Grants Pass area in Early October, not looking for anyones rock to stand on, but, some areas to concentrate on would be great.

My wife and I only chuck feathers and are looking for some bank accessible water to swing flys , or hit some tailouts with a egg patterns, as I think the trout will be keying in on the spawning salmon.

As we have never fished that area (last year we hit the Bend area and had lots of fun on the Metolious, Deschutes and the Fall) would like some pointers and maybe a few shops that we should hit up and possibly a guide or two for a daytrip?

Really appreciate any information you might be able to forward on, always willing to trade a few BC spots with ya.

Regards

Dean
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Southwest Oregon - Early October

Dean! Glad to see (read) a new face (avatar) on the forum! While I am of little use, I'm sure someone will weigh in soon with more than enough useful information to answer your questions! Again, welcome!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-30-2011, 01:41 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all
Default Re: Southwest Oregon - Early October

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Hi there!
Just found this site, seems to be alot of great information on here.
Looking at the Grants Pass area in Early October, not looking for anyones rock to stand on, but, some areas to concentrate on would be great.

My wife and I only chuck feathers and are looking for some bank accessible water to swing flys , or hit some tailouts with a egg patterns, as I think the trout will be keying in on the spawning salmon.

As we have never fished that area (last year we hit the Bend area and had lots of fun on the Metolious, Deschutes and the Fall) would like some pointers and maybe a few shops that we should hit up and possibly a guide or two for a daytrip?

Really appreciate any information you might be able to forward on, always willing to trade a few BC spots with ya.

Regards

Dean
Hi Dean and welcome to the site.

google Fly Fish USA they've been in the business for years and should be able to help you.
I've ony fished the lower parts of the Rogue so no help from me for the Grants Pass area, hope you have a good trip.

Rick
Old 11-14-2011, 12:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Southwest Oregon - Early October

Waaaaaaay out of date seeing this thread but the 'upper-Rogue is my play ground. Anyone needs info on the who/what/where/when feel free to contact me.

And yes, I have no problem telling you 'what rock to stand on.'

Fred Evans
White City
Oregon