The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 07:54 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just what we need ... a 72 year record for water flow on the Rogue.

Looks like we've set a new record for water flow on the upper Rogue River. USGS Current Conditions for USGS 14339000 ROGUE RIVER AT DODGE BRIDGE, NEAR EAGLE POINT, OR

Heck of it is waters flowing in behind the Wm Jess Dam (RM 157) and the pool if filling up fast. And lots and lots of snow still to come off the mountains. Wouldn't surprise me to see see flows go beyond where they're at, at the moment.

One can assume fishing is a dead issue.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:02 PM

khende is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just what we need ... a 72 year record for water flow on the Rogue.

I just canceled a trip to Colorado because of low stream flows and the fires. I booked a five day stay at an RV park in Shady Cove starting July 10. Will the Rouge be fishable?, and if not are there any other creeks and smaller stream that would be fishable? I do not mind driving a few miles. I was not able to fish the upper Sacramento last year because of high flow, my luck is unbelivable.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Just saw the date of your post, I am breathing much easier now.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:43 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khende View Post
I just canceled a trip to Colorado because of low stream flows and the fires. I booked a five day stay at an RV park in Shady Cove starting July 10. Will the Rouge be fishable?, and if not are there any other creeks and smaller stream that would be fishable? I do not mind driving a few miles. I was not able to fish the upper Sacramento last year because of high flow, my luck is unbelivable.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Just saw the date of your post, I am breathing much easier now.
Answer is 'yes,' but you'll want to be in/on the top 1 mile of the river below the dam/hatchery. Float/Guide more water.

Fish numbers this year (in the Hatchery) are well over the top of anything expected. Just wish they'd cut down the water flow out of the damn-dam.

Presently for every 1 gallon of water coming in, the Corp of En's are dumping two. 800-472 2434 for current info.

fae
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I hate to hear that Fred, water's high here too. Plenty of reds / sockeye coming in but you can't get at them here.............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you are having the complete opposite problem as us Midwesterners.

The rivers near me are close to the lowest they have ever been. I can't ever recall being able to see this much riverbed exposed.

It's really quite scary but neat all at the same time.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:05 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I hear that! The Cuyahoga in the Cascade Valley area is flowing at 74cfs typically it should be around 120 to 150cfs and the water is severely warm. The Clear Fork ha forget it! I just read part of an ongoing study to determine the percentage of hold over fish in Ohio and its finding so far were grim. Only one of three has maintained a decent holdover population. There's high water on the coasts and no water in the middle! In a way we're all in the same boat.