The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 03:34 PM

willyfish is on a distinguished road
Default portland metro area?

Anyone here live in the portland metro area? Where are good spots to fish. I live in tualatin and am pretty much just saying howdy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: portland metro area?

I can't let your post just sit here with no replies That's just not the forum way of doing things, if I were you I would get hold of the Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer. This will be full of topo maps for the entire state. After having a look at the surrounding 100 mile area I'd start exploring. When I found a decent spot I would keep quiet about it and fish.

With an ocean to the west and shoreline stretching north & south there must be some opportunity. It may be time to do some salt / surf fishing just to stay in the game.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Ya. I have been fishing the wilson river. But I was more so just looking for people in my area and such. Hoping there was some clear water closer.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

When you say 'clear water' what do you mean?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 PM

Ha ha I meant water I can see through. Unlike the swamp of the Tualatin River which is great for smallmouth and pesky pikes.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Administrator

You're gonna have to do some driving I think. There are some OR. members here, hopefully they will spot your post and help out.

Ard

Old 09-07-2012, 09:18 AM

dillon has a spectacular aura aboutdillon has a spectacular aura about

If you want to meet some other fishermen this is a nice group of people and some of us flyfish.

MOLALLA CHAPTER OF NORTHWEST STEELHEADERS
Featuring Pro Guide, Will Fox
September 20th
Interested in learning how to catch Upper Willamette coho? Come join pro fishing guide Will Fox as he explains when, where and how to catch this unique run of fish.

The public is welcome to join us for a fun and educational meeting for everyone.
6:30 PM, September 20th at Farmstead Restaurant, 28313 S Hwy 213, Molalla, OR
Dinner and drinks are available.

Last edited by dillon; 09-07-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:07 AM

Thanks. I will go to that.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:07 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Sorry, i missed this thread. I usually dont wander down the forum list very far. lol. I mainly stick to the general forums. Havent been on the forum much lately anyways, no time.

Anyways, i am in Hillsboro. There are a ton of spots to fish around the metro area. All depends on what you are after.

Here is the link for the Washington County Fly Fishers...

http://www.wcflyfishers-ore.com/

They meet in Beaverton. I would also suggest you drop into River City Fly shop on Scholls Ferry. Great store and they guys are really friendly.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to an Oregon Fishing Forum, lots of fly flickers here (me too): Oregon Fishing Forum