The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default The latest on fishing in Oregon.

Recreation Report: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

For context, I'm in the SW Zone. One new feature they tossed in was '50 places to fish within 60 minutes of Medford (I'm 6 miles to the NE).' Was fun to see just how many of those places I've been. And a few I've never heard of before.

fae

Last edited by fredaevans; 10-26-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 PM

rogue runner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The latest on fishing in Oregon.

WOW. guess I need to get off the river and try some of the other spots listed for SW. zone. maybe I can end my dry spell!!

Thanks!
Casey
Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Recreation Report: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

For context, I'm in the SW Zone. One new feature they tossed in was '60 places to fish within 60 minutes of Medford (I'm 6 miles to the NE).' Was fun to see just how many of those places I've been. And a few I've never heard of before.

fae
Fred: Just curious, how many of those 60 places have you fished?

Larry

Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Without going back and doing an actual count, tad over 40 of the 50. Of those not, most are 'still waters.'

Edit: Went back and looked at the 'dots.' Vast bulk are on the Rogue River or Applegate. Also found a 'typo' in my original posting; number should be '50' not 60.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Without going back and doing an actual count, tad over 45. Most of those are 'still waters.'
Fred: Sounds like you have travelled aroung that area pretty well exploring the local waters. I figured you had a pretty good handle on the local fishing.

Larry

Old 10-26-2012, 10:19 AM

I get a lot of phone calls and PM's from folks who want to fish the Rogue, so keeping track of 'what's what' has become a fun game. The other thing is this Statewide report (via e-mail) comes out three, some times four, times per month.

From personal experience the things damned accurate, all be it 'dated' by a few days. With that in mind, hit the Rogue in the Grants Pass area (even right in town!!). Guys are having a field day at the moment and these appear to be really freash fish.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:58 PM

submariner is on a distinguished road

I was fishing in the big butte creek on opening day, was catching 6-8" brooks, rainbow, cutthroats. keep two about 10"

and was fishing in beaver dam creek in early may, caught several nice brooks and rainbows. was a lot of fun, keep a couple of 10". this creek is was of Medco pond on butte falls- prospect Hwy.

If things go right, this weekend I will get down on the north fork of the little butte creek or Beaver dam creek.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Lightbulb Re: The latest on fishing in Oregon.

First a warm welcome to someone whose obviously in my 'Neck of the Woods.' Small water fishing around here is something I have little personal experience. Looking forward to reading your reports.

Keep them coming!

Fred
Old 06-13-2013, 01:04 PM

submariner is on a distinguished road

Went out last night, fished a couple hours after work in the Big Butte Creek just east of Butte Falls.

had some luck. landed 6 rainbow and brooks about 7", fun but not for the table and about the time I was ready to quit, I hooked into a nice 12" rainbow that put a good little fight. Not sure what fly I was using but I have a 4 weight rig. fun times.

Planning on stopping up on the little butte creek and beaver dam creek this weekend for some more sport.

I let you all know how it goes.

Have a good fathers day, I am going fishing........
Old 06-13-2013, 01:33 PM

Sounds like I'm going to have to get off my butt and burn a bit of Petrol. Never fished either of the waters you named above.... time for a Google Earth tour.

Fred