The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 04:01 PM

bigshayne is on a distinguished road
Default Winter Fishing

So I fished a local tailwater yesterday. It stayed below freezing all day, but it was calm. (That's rare out here on the high desert.) The fishery is not know for large fish, but the fish are plentiful, and NATIVE. There has not been a stocking for many years. I felt very proud when I got a few on a little dry midge pattern I tied up. It's overly simple and seems to work!

I hope there are many of you still finding the water in the middle of winter. It can be very rewarding.

- I also want to remind everyone to tell someone when you go out and where. This time of year is dangerous.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter Fishing

Congrats, on the winter fishing! I'm in need of some tailwater fishing and right on about telling someone where you are heading, especially this time of year.

Larry

Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 PM

clarkii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Winter Fishing

sounds nice-
i was considering making the jump over the mountains for some fishing this weekend...
but looks like the some of the valley streams might be in shape also
have fun-
clarkii.