The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/)
-   -   Hello Guys (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/316311-hello-guys.html)

ontheflyguide 04-11-2013 12:42 PM

Hello Guys

Hello, Im new to this forum--just wanted to say hi...Nate Bailey:secret:

gatortransplant 04-11-2013 01:25 PM

Re: Hello Guys

Hey Nate, welcome to the forum! Whereabouts are you located/where do you guide?

jpbfly 04-11-2013 02:03 PM

:welcomean Nate.Great forum and friendly people here..:)tell us a little more about you;)

ontheflyguide 04-11-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatortransplant (Post 546005)
Hey Nate, welcome to the forum! Whereabouts are you located/where do you guide?

Thanks For the welcome? I fish rivers and lakes in Southern Oregon, US. some of the more famous ones are The Rogue River, and The Williamson.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpbfly (Post 546025)
:welcomean Nate.Great forum and friendly people here..:)tell us a little more about you;)

This Seems to be a cool place to hang out. I started fly fishing at a early age, 10 or so, and have had some excellent mentors along the way. So I am really into sharing knowledge with others, espically those of the next generation. I spend over a hundred days a year chasing Pacific Chrome, mostly on my home river The Rogue and fill in after that with that whatever will bite a fly. I would rather fish with a 2 hander than anything, but i will use whatever technique that will bring a fish to the fly. Thanks agian for the welcome Nate Bailey

fredaevans 04-11-2013 02:32 PM

Probably repeating myself here but he's an excellent guide. Knows the upper Rogue like the back of his hand. Even if I can't hook the damned fish.:mad:

mcnerney 04-11-2013 02:34 PM

Nate: Welcome to the forum!

ontheflyguide 04-11-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 546042)
Probably repeating myself here but he's an excellent guide. Knows the upper Rogue like the back of his hand. Even if I can't hook the damned fish.:mad:

Ha that will Change once they decide its time to switch to the swung fly!!!!!:D

caseywise 04-11-2013 08:15 PM

welcome to the forum nate!!

casey

submariner 06-29-2013 07:03 PM

welcome Nat, I am new here to. I like to fish in the rivers, catch small ones, you know 10 to 12 ", just right for the frying pan.

I don't need to spend all that energy trying to land a big 2' rainbow or salmon.

I would rather catch 4 or 5 12" then one 24".

so what are you after when you are on the water?

:icon_wink