The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 PM

ontheflyguide is on a distinguished road
Default Hello Guys

Hello, Im new to this forum--just wanted to say hi...Nate Bailey
Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hello Guys

Hey Nate, welcome to the forum! Whereabouts are you located/where do you guide?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nate.Great forum and friendly people here..tell us a little more about you
Old 04-11-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Hey Nate, welcome to the forum! Whereabouts are you located/where do you guide?
Thanks For the welcome? I fish rivers and lakes in Southern Oregon, US. some of the more famous ones are The Rogue River, and The Williamson.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Nate.Great forum and friendly people here..tell us a little more about you
This Seems to be a cool place to hang out. I started fly fishing at a early age, 10 or so, and have had some excellent mentors along the way. So I am really into sharing knowledge with others, espically those of the next generation. I spend over a hundred days a year chasing Pacific Chrome, mostly on my home river The Rogue and fill in after that with that whatever will bite a fly. I would rather fish with a 2 hander than anything, but i will use whatever technique that will bring a fish to the fly. Thanks agian for the welcome Nate Bailey

Last edited by ontheflyguide; 05-08-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:32 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Probably repeating myself here but he's an excellent guide. Knows the upper Rogue like the back of his hand. Even if I can't hook the damned fish.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nate: Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-11-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Probably repeating myself here but he's an excellent guide. Knows the upper Rogue like the back of his hand. Even if I can't hook the damned fish.
Ha that will Change once they decide its time to switch to the swung fly!!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum nate!!

casey

ARFE
Old 06-29-2013, 07:03 PM

submariner is on a distinguished road

welcome Nat, I am new here to. I like to fish in the rivers, catch small ones, you know 10 to 12 ", just right for the frying pan.

I don't need to spend all that energy trying to land a big 2' rainbow or salmon.

I would rather catch 4 or 5 12" then one 24".

so what are you after when you are on the water?