The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 10:09 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Hatch chart for Willamette?

I'll be fishing the smaller forks of the Willamette out of Oakridge, Or in early June. Googling got me a hatch chart from a non-local online fly shop, but nothing from a local source. Anyone know where I can see one? There doesn't appear to be a fly shop there and I'm not coming thru Eugene...

Thanks! -Mike

Edit: my research so far says "green caddis" and maybe a dropper
Old 05-10-2013, 12:47 PM

bigshayne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hatch chart for Willamette?

which way are you coming from? There is a fly shop in Sisters OR that guides the McKenzie - virtually the same hatches. You can always call The Caddis Fly shop in Eugene, or visit there blog. They have a TON of info on there blog.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

hi...checked the Caddis web site first, but I didn't find much. I'll look again. I'll be coming from the south, up 97 and across on 58. There are McKenzie charts around. Will look at them for help. Thanks for that tidbit. Every little but helps...

-Mike

edit: Ok...all set...McKenzie charts sealed the deal. Thanks again
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Mike, that chart would be fun to see. Post up the link?

Fred
Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 AM

Hey Fred....I looked at a couple and just googled "mckenzie river hatch chart" to get them. The one I really looked at is from the Westfly site. Don't think I'm allowed to post a link to another competing forum. I'll PM one to you. -m
Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Hatch chart for Willamette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Hey Fred....I looked at a couple and just googled "mckenzie river hatch chart" to get them. The one I really looked at is from the Westfly site. Don't think I'm allowed to post a link to another competing forum. I'll PM one to you. -m
Got it! Thanks Mike.

Fred