The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 04:38 AM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Attention Oregonians

I usually don't double post but I need to know the answer to this cause it's bugging me! I posted in General this question: In the movie "Stand By Me" the kid talks about fishing the Royal River for "Cossies" . Anyone know what a "Cossie" is referring to? Thank you if you do!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-26-2013, 07:30 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Oregonians

John: If Fred doesn't see this, send him a PM.

Larry

Larry
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Attention Oregonians

Just saw this post up and the term is a new one to me. Will do a bit of research and post up the result.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Interesting to do a read up on this. First the name of the 'river' was new to me so I looked up all the rivers/streams in Oregon and, as I thought, there is no 'Royal River' in the State. Nor is there a town of 'Castle Rock.' There is a 'Castle Rock' in SW Washington State, just off of I-5 north of Vancouver, WA.

With all that in mind, all the names are 'made up' based upon a short novel. Fish name included I suspect.

Fred