The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 11:23 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upper Rogue River Holy water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishingphil View Post
Thanks Fred. Did it for several years whne I needed a "quick fix" (just about weekly). Just moved to Gresham and have to find a similar place on the Sandy or Clackamas for the same purpose
Well, looks like you're going to have to modify your 'details,' you've still got Central Point there. Actually don't know a lot about either of the two rivers you mentioned, but for a 'quick fix' two places come to mind. Upper/lower Oxbow Park (same place as the Sandy River Spey 'Clave) or the runs just up-stream from Oregon City (think that's the name of the town) where the Clack' dumps into the Willamette.

With the later, lots of on street parking, just walk down the stream bank hill and you're good to go.

fae
Old 06-29-2013, 07:11 PM

submariner is on a distinguished road

I drove up there last week after work. It looked good but did not fish there. I will swing by there next time I got to work in Prospect and throw a line in the water. I would imagine not many go there due to location and due to catch and release. It is also kind of hiden. you have to go to the dam for the hatchery cross over and drive on up to the lake dam. I did not even think of some place up there to fish.

I did fish downstream of the hatchery and caught a couple of nice 12' ranbows and did see a couple of big salmon jump. had to be 30"+'s.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by submariner View Post
I drove up there last week after work. It looked good but did not fish there. I will swing by there next time I got to work in Prospect and throw a line in the water. I would imagine not many go there due to location and due to catch and release. It is also kind of hiden. you have to go to the dam for the hatchery cross over and drive on up to the lake dam. I did not even think of some place up there to fish.

I did fish downstream of the hatchery and caught a couple of nice 12' ranbows and did see a couple of big salmon jump. had to be 30"+'s.
Had to do a small giggle Sub., that's all that's left in me at the moment save for more sleep. Just off on responding to PM's about fishing the Holy Waters. To keep this simple, I told him what rocks to stand on, what to expect, where to cast, etc.

Again, MANY THANKS to you and Co-worker for saving my Toast on Friday. I can only imagine what would have been the result if I'd been actually driving. Close to a total physical 'spin in' in the Forestry Service office.