The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 06:56 AM

FlyGal has a spectacular aura aboutFlyGal has a spectacular aura about
Default Fly fishing in Oregon....

Hiya all, I'm an East coaster that will be making my way out west for a wedding first week in Sept.

I'm looking for a few fishing suggestions (rivers or salt) to hook up with some western fish. Never been and totally looking forward to it. Also if you could give me a heads up on what kind of flies I should have with me I will whip them up.

I'm keen on salt as well as fresh, will be located just outside Portland which is funny as I live not far from Portland, ME

I don't expect info for free so I would be willing to send flies in exchange for sound suggestions.

Feel free to PM, Nome
Old 08-06-2008, 01:03 PM

FlyGal has a spectacular aura aboutFlyGal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fly fishing in Oregon....

An update I think my best bets are sandy, clackamas and a few other tribs.

I'd love to make it to the Rogue or Deschutes, but I don't think that is in the cards for this trip.

Can anyone recommend a guide?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Fly fishing in Oregon....

Hi FlyGal,

I suggest you contact Kaufmann's Streamborn in Tigard, Or. They can tell you what rivers are fishing good and line you up with a guide. They are all fisherman and know the area well.

Here is a link to the Oregon fresh water fishing. I think you are going to miss the Summer Steelhead around Portland.

Frank