The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:31 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Default Spokane river

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you can fish the spokane river right in spokane or should i go out of city limits.

I have one more question, whats in the river.

I will be going there sometime in the coming years and would like to fish it.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 PM

MBWCC is a jewel in the roughMBWCC is a jewel in the roughMBWCC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Spokane river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you can fish the spokane river right in spokane or should i go out of city limits.

I have one more question, whats in the river.

I will be going there sometime in the coming years and would like to fish it.
There are trout in the Spokane River and you can fish it throughout the city limits. If I remember correctly it is catch & release, but I always fish catch & release so I'm not to always aware of where is and where isn't--verify that one for yourself. I have heard reports of both good and bad fishing from the state line on the east end right out to the west side of town. The locals will tell you fishing is good; the locals will tell you the poachers kill the fishing. Supposedly the best spots are the riffles and rapids east of town near the state line, but I'm still working on my personal profile of the river so I can't confirm or deny that rumor.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:52 PM

Yukon Jack is on a distinguished road

Hi Troutwhisperer,
Here is a link to the regs for Eastern Washington https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/erules/index.jsp

Like MBWCC said you can fish in the city limits, but make sure you check the regs before you come, some sections are open year-round and some are not. And some areas are catch and release only. The river has bows and browns in it, and the area to the east around the state line has a pretty large small mouth Bass population in it do to the warmer water temps in the summer mouths.
Your best bet for trout would be in the Spokane valley areas or down stream (west) out of the city.

Hope this helps,
Yukon Jack
Old 10-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Thanks MBWCC and Yukon Jack.

I was also wondering if you could tell me where I could buy a out of state fishing license

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com