The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:45 PM

Dementedfish is on a distinguished road
Default Where to fish around Eugene/Cottage Grove?

Hey everyone, brand new member here. I'm from Southern California and am an administrator on a So. Cal. fishing message board similar to this one, and I might be heading up to do some fishing around the Eugene area (staying in Cottage Grove) in the next couple of weeks. I've only really been fishing in Oregon around late summer so this will be a new expierience for me.

I was just curious if anyone has any suggestions on where I should go fishing? I'm pretty much down for any kind of fishing, preferably trout though as I am sponsored for that style. I don't like flyfishing, however I don't fish bait, only barbless artficials such as mini jigs and trout worms so that's something to keep in mind as well. I release all my fish. Depending on how much time I have I'd like to spend at least one day trouting, another for smallies, and possibly another for salmon/steelhead. In the past I've fished the Umpqua for smallies and I have had a considerable amount of success. Anyway, I'm open for suggestions. Thanks in advance, and great forum you guys got here!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:16 PM

brandy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where to fish around Eugene/Cottage Grove?

I know of a couple of places. I don't know one of the roads but it is next to the wetlands. The road is on a t with a gas station on the corner. If you go far enough in they have some really good streams.

Another is by the bridge where you go one way to Eugene and the other to Springfield. I always see fishermen there when they stock.

Another good place to go is up by the Forest Service land, the streams are fast, but they have lots of fish this time of year. I used to stay in a camp site right next to the river. It was great.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM

Dementedfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy View Post
I know of a couple of places. I don't know one of the roads but it is next to the wetlands. The road is on a t with a gas station on the corner. If you go far enough in they have some really good streams.

Another is by the bridge where you go one way to Eugene and the other to Springfield. I always see fishermen there when they stock.

Another good place to go is up by the Forest Service land, the streams are fast, but they have lots of fish this time of year. I used to stay in a camp site right next to the river. It was great.
Thanks for the info. have you ever fished the Row?
Old 03-05-2009, 02:00 PM

brandy will become famous soon enough

No, I didnt do much fishing around there, I was just visiting for a while. I grew up in Southern Oregon fishing around dairy creek every summer, and out on the lakes. My uncle worked for the forest service so we had access to restricted streams and ponds that most people couldn't get to.

I just remembered all the fishermen out on the water when we drove around that area.