The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ontheflyguide
  • 2 Post By siege
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 PM

MoFlyfishing is on a distinguished road
Default movin to medford?

Ill be movin to medford in sept and im pretty pumped and im wonderin about geting in to guideing i currently live in MO but i do alot of fishing and i was also wondering if going to a guide school would be worth while.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:33 PM

jeepman66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: movin to medford?

I am on my way to Medford here in a month and cant wait to hit the Rogue River for steel-head....... Let me know what you find out about guide school I was checking in to it a while back check out " Sweetwater Guide School "
Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 PM

ontheflyguide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman66 View Post
I am on my way to Medford here in a month and cant wait to hit the Rogue River for steel-head....... Let me know what you find out about guide school I was checking in to it a while back check out " Sweetwater Guide School "
you guys would be better off finding a guide you can learn from, the schools breed guides that have no connection to the rivers. Get a heritage passed down to you, know why the holes are named what they are. be able to explain how the river has changed over the years. Thats what clients wan't, anyone can read water and catch fish, clients want someone who is a part of the river. Just my 2 cents.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:38 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Seriously ?? Got questions about Medford, send a PM to our very own "Oracle of Oar-E-Gone ", Mr Fred Evans. He's easy to find on the forums, and he lives about 20 minutes from Medford. I doubt there's a question about the area he can't answer. Fred has been fishing since the week after God invented water.
While you're at it, ask him to go fishing. You'd both enjoy it.
grtlksmarlin and smilingduck like this.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:40 PM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Seriously ?? Got questions about Medford, send a PM to our very own "Oracle of Oar-E-Gone ", Mr Fred Evans.
Was about to post the same thing

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheflyguide View Post
you guys would be better off finding a guide you can learn from, the schools breed guides that have no connection to the rivers. Get a heritage passed down to you, know why the holes are named what they are. be able to explain how the river has changed over the years. Thats what clients wan't, anyone can read water and catch fish, clients want someone who is a part of the river. Just my 2 cents.
I will agree with Nate on what he says. I believe this is even more important if you intend to try your hand on a river like the Rogue. I haven't been a professional guide for decades, actually only 3 years but the things I need to know came from the rivers here.

I'll be fishing the Rogue in November and Nate Baily will be my guide there, that's no accident.

Ard

PS. Am I the only one who noticed that the original post was from April of 2009? On top of that the guy was a one time poster who never came back to read the replies.............. Duh
ontheflyguide likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;