The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Alaska, Oregon and Washington. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 04:10 AM

smudger564 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smudger564
Default NRS Titanium Rogue Glove

Hi All, I'm Currently trialing a pair of 2mm Neoprene gloves from NRS Web, their website is nrsweb.com.

They make canoe and other outdoor gear, which you can view on their site. Iv'e had two runs with the gloves so far and these are a very well constructed.

2mm full fingered Neoprene with taped seams and a full palm and finger grip pad. They have a tight wrist cuff, which doubles as a splash guard, nice touch.

The first outing was some two weeks ago on a frozen fishery called, Ellerdine Lakes in Shropshire, UK. There were some gaps in the ice which produced fish that day, which I was pleased with.

Because I was C&R fishing, I didn't want to touch the fish with gloves on, so removed then for releasing, that's when you realise how cold the water really is.

Putting the glove back on after release, makes you realise why Neoprene is such a good insulator against the cold.

Yesterday was the second trial day. The air temperature was up but the water temp hadn't risen a great deal. I deliberately dunked these glove under, to see how total immersion would affect the glove...........Nothing, not a sniff of water or damp.

In comparison to what I have tried so far, the Rogue Glove provides very good insulation and is well constructed. NRS Web have really thought about what's important in a glove and produced it.

When you buy the glove, there is a sizing chart to ensure a snug fit. This means measuring your hand and sending your dimensions. Don't try guessing it, do it right, this will mean you get the correct fitting.

Best Regards

Stuart