The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 11:31 PM

951tightline is on a distinguished road
Default Dead?!

Seems like no one is doing any fishing anymore! Or at least not posting. Let me know how you guys do!

Tight Lines,
Scott
Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dead?!

I usually don't post fishing trips, but I am fishing up to twice a week. Steelhead fishing on the Lower American has been decent. Most of the fish that I am hooking up with have been in the system for awhile. My largest is 26". Some were hooked on the swing. Most were caught with the nymph.

MP
Old 02-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Still ice & snow here and I spend a lot of time cutting wood. Got a few beauties today (dead birch) and the fire is going great The ice is usually out by May 1 - 5 so it won't be long. Soon I'll start tying and getting ready

Like MP I don't litter the site with fish pictures but if I have a bang up day I usually take some photos and post.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I fish at least once a week....fishing hasn't been very good for a few weeks...the trout season is opening soon.
Dennis....we all know you're not a guy who likes to show off,but we would be happy to see some pics of you fishing and of your favorite spotsso please post some
Ard,just pruned some trees....a good help to cut wood would be welcome
Old 03-01-2011, 07:58 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Fished twice this month, but mostly working with the cub scouts on pinewood derby cars, working and surviving through the snow and ice the last couple weeks.

Waiting for spring......

d
Old 03-01-2011, 08:32 AM

flying has a spectacular aura aboutflying has a spectacular aura aboutflying has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 951tightline View Post
Seems like no one is doing any fishing anymore! Or at least not posting. Let me know how you guys do!

Tight Lines,
Scott
Got my first bass of the year at Perris 2 weeks ago.

Click the image to open in full size.

Its been too damn wet or cold for me to go out since then. I haven't done any land fishing in a long time but if you got a tube let me know. I'm pretty much a long time regular at Perris. Pretty much the only flyguy there too.

The waters up and the bush is flooded. Should be a much better year.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice Bass!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nice looking Bass!

Everything is frozen here. I haven't been fishing, but hopefully over Spring Break I will get on the water!

Larry

Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about

Scott I have been itching to go out and try some locals. Really itching since I caught a case of poison oak a few weeks ago at the Kern River... Also I have a new Jeep that I really want to try out getting to some of our harder creeks. The friggin rain has kept me indoors tying flies. If I can, I am going to head out early Saturday morning and fish one of the local's. I have a class starting at noon or one so I can't stay long. Going to be a short but fun day at a local creek. More like a trip out to see how the jeep does

Flying I am looking to get a float tube and might give Perris a try out in the near future.. Could be fun to catch some green trout.

Sean
Old 03-01-2011, 11:04 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Regular gear guys have been pullin' some large stripers out of Perris too. Strange that they are showing up now, and only big ones and very spotty. No schoolies. 951, did you ever do that Colorado River trip? Flying, nice fish! Ever hear of any Spots out of Perris any more? milt.