The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 10:29 PM

donniemeyer20 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Angeles National Forest?

I have more experience fishing the west fork although ive done east fork as well. Ive heard if you hike way far back on east fork the fish become larger. I hiked up about two miles and I cuaght nothing over 4 or 5 inches. The west fork as an advantage I guess in that their is a wild trout section catch and release 0 limit. I fished it alot last summer and the biggest I caught was around 8 inches. Try to go on a weekday and get their early. Both forks have the potential to become loaded with people. Another option while your on the west fork is fish bear creek. About half mile up bear creek runs into the west fork. Their is alot less people if u fish up this way. I find it more enjoyable. Other than the east and west fork their is nothing else to fly fish thats worth it to the best of my knowledge. Good luck.