The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 03:17 AM

951tightline is on a distinguished road
Default Have a questions about Lytle creek and azuza canyon

how long after the rains does it take for the streams to get back to normal? i went after some rains last month i think and didnt catch anything and the water was real muddy so i was just wondering.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have a questions about Lytle creek and azuza canyon

I have no idea where Lytle Creek is so I can't answer your question. Last spring I fished the North Fork of the South Platte (about an hour southwest of Denver) and the water was real muddy, probably less than a foot of visibility. We did really well, between my son and I we probably caught 40 fish. We were nymph fishing using San Juan worms, pheasant tails, prince nymphs, and hares ear nymphs with a little flash.

Larry
Old 01-23-2010, 04:23 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about

With the amount of rain that we have had the past week, I am staying at home this weekend. Not worried about if the fish are biting but of the debris that could still be coming down the hills and streams. That and you might need chains to get to the SGR and Lytle Creek you might need a 4x4 since some of the roads are dirt and you could get stuck. So for me this weekend, I am sitting at home tying flies, drinking beer and will watch football on Sunday.

Sean
Old 01-23-2010, 06:51 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Lytle Creek! My first fishing memory was going there with my Uncle who lived in Rialto. Years ago. Pretty sure Eisenhauer was still a General, lol. Haven't been back since. I'd like to hear how you do.