The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 09:45 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about
Default Had to get out of the house

Ever have one of those day's where you just have to get out of the house... I did. So where do I go... Hmm I guess I had great luck last week and the roads shouldnt be that bad. It was muddy, just meant that I had to wash the dam jeep again!!! I am getting tired of this but really like the solitude of the mts. Really didnt run into anyone until I was almost done for the day.
Went to the one of the local watersheds. Water was clearer and was alot lower than last week. Oohh and there was this powdery, fluffy, white cold stuff on the ground. Made for some great pictures. Wound up catching 8 or so with several LDR's, but I just enjoyed nature. From hiding underneath some of the great trees that are along that stretch to being drenched by the rain from the melting snow on those branches. It was all good and did a great job of recharging the batteries for the coming weeks workload. On with some pics.

Views on the way up
Click the image to open in full size.

white fluffy stuff and the stream

my first one

Do you think it was cold???

My best of the day

Sean
Old 04-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Had to get out of the house

Looks like you had a great day Sean,

With the warm fronts coming off the ocean and long hours of sunshine our streams are clearing up right now. I hope to get out soon myself.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics and story Sean, thank you for sharing. Your best of the day fish is a real beauty and you are fortunate to have such a wonderful stream near by.

Dave
Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 PM

jscott is on a distinguished road

Felt the same way on Saturday. Headed up the mountain only to find out that there was a little too much snow and ice on the road and I had left the chains at home. So instead of starting early on the creek, I headed over to a recently stocked lake for some bait-and-wait action (limited out). When I did finally make it up to my original destination (when it got a little warmer and roads cleared up a bit), I didn't have much time to fish. Still nice to get out though.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 PM

951tightline is on a distinguished road

Great fish!! Looks like you had another great day on the water!

Tight Lines
Scott
Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sean: Great trip report and photos of the mountain area and very nice looking trout! Congrats!

Larry

Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

2 weeks and then we can take that Jeep down to the hole. The water should be running good then!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeker View Post
2 weeks and then we can take that Jeep down to the hole. The water should be running good then!
Curtis your on just let me know when and where you want to meet up

Sean
Old 04-13-2011, 09:55 PM

951tightline is on a distinguished road

You guys should educate me on "the hole"
Old 04-14-2011, 11:40 PM

Thanks for all the props guys!!!
Can't wait to do it again this weekend...just on some different water. Kind of blessed in a way, that being so close to the Los Angeles area that we have some really great water to fish... Now to just keep most of those area's litter free.... Yup never ending soapbox story here... On the bright side I did find an unopened Bud light can.. Just have to find someone to drink it :0
Sean