The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Southwest (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-southwest/)
-   -   Truckee river (CA not NV) (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-southwest/13129-truckee-river-ca-not-nv.html)

Bigfly 03-24-2010 01:11 PM

Truckee river (CA not NV)

Mid canyon on a warm day, skwallas crawling around.
Just a thought. Might be a good time to wet a line.
Give me a call if you need a little help.

Jim

MoscaPescador 03-24-2010 09:59 PM

re: Truckee river (CA not NV)

*PerK* Skwala stoneflies. It seems like Skwala time has ended on the Lower Yuba although March Brown activity is ramping up. I may need to make the drive to the Truckee. I love fishing flies that I can thread with tippet without having to resort to the cheater glasses.

MP

simmons_j_m 03-24-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfly (Post 86598)
Mid canyon on a warm day, skwallas crawling around.
Just a thought. Might be a good time to wet a line.
Give me a call if you need a little help.

Jim

Jim, Friday morning... goal is to get out of the house early! Should be able to hit Truckee by 11 as long as nothing comes up.

Justin

webrx 03-25-2010 06:56 PM

I have to wait for the weekend, but am going to try to get out Sat afternoon. Been kinda breezy lately, and I have a committment on Sat morning to help a friend fix his brakes and replace a u-joint. gonna try to get out after that.

d

simmons_j_m 03-25-2010 10:21 PM

Dave hit em hard! Hope you get to fight those big browns. I gotta pass till next weekend now... keeping my boy home from daycare for some father and son bonding.

webrx 03-26-2010 07:55 AM

Hoping to hit a few, gotta find a new spot though, my favorite spot has suddenly become overrun with bait and spin casters lately, with some recent construction even the little hondas and toyotas can get to it now. Before you needed a 4wd and a little knowledge to get there, now... oh well, I will find another one...

d

troutdoorsman 03-26-2010 09:41 AM

If you can make it out on Sunday at all Dave let me know. I'm finally going to hit the river but can't Sat as T ball pics rule that day.

Bigfly 03-26-2010 02:23 PM

Mosca, come on up, be good to meet ya. maybe introduce you to some of my
"leetle friends". Bring your low rider Skwallassz 12-10 and some BWO dries, and v small clump midges too.
Midges, and BWO droppers sz 22 aren't a bad idea.
Ice out on the lakes, might that interest yee?
Check my profile on fly fishing community.com. Pics of a few fish there, added to the gallery here as well.
Give me a phone call, I'm in the field more than on line. You also, Justin.

Jim

simmons_j_m 03-26-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfly (Post 86770)
Mosca, come on up, be good to meet ya. maybe introduce you to some of my
"leetle friends". Bring your low rider Skwallassz 12-10 and some BWO dries, and v small clump midges too.
Midges, and BWO droppers sz 22 aren't a bad idea.
Ice out on the lakes, might that interest yee?
Check my profile on fly fishing community.com. Pics of a few fish there, added to the gallery here as well.
Give me a phone call, I'm in the field more than on line. You also, Justin.

Jim

Jim, we'll hook up to wet a line soon... I won't be getting out for a couple weeks now with Easter on the horizon and out of town the next couple weekends. By the middle of next week, even with the storm they're calling for, I'll be jonesing to get on the water.

I'll give you a call as soon as I know I can make it out... I'm due for one of them large browns I hear are coming out of the Truckee!

Justin

Bigfly 04-08-2010 10:59 AM

Matt, with Walters leetle bro.
24", sz 22 BWO dry.
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/a...c76d8c846e.jpg

Jim