The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 12:54 AM

waterman07 is on a distinguished road
Default New to the board/sport

Hey guys my name is Joe, I live in OC, Ca. I just recently moved back to OC from Joplin, Mo where I was going to school. I picked up fly fishing out there from a good friend who use to be a guide in Colorado and is an amazing tier. I have mostly caught only my normal rainbows and just started exploring the river socal have to offer, i actually when out today with the wife into the mtns of SB and had a great time bushwhacking to find trout. I come from a spearfishing background, I did some completive free diving and i still currently spearfish out in our pacific mostly for pelagics, wsb and lobster. I got into fly fishing because I am an avid backpacker and I figured it would be a great activity to do while I backpack. I'm looking for some new buddies to go out fishing with, I really enjoy hiking to my fishing destination and scrambling rocks to get there so if anybody needs a fishing partner pm me or even a dive buddy as I dive a lot too. So far everybody seems cool on the board, thanks for any info too

JB
Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: New to the board/sport

as an avid backpacker, size and weight will be key. there are some nice optins available.
Frequent Flyer Fly Rods | Travel Fly Rods | Combo Fly Rod & Reel | Freshwater & Saltwater Fishing Rods | Fly Fishing -- Orvis
or
the cabelas one.

ARFE
Old 06-28-2011, 07:33 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Joe, was that you we ran across? If so, my apologies. We were going to head up drainage about 400-500yds (think 2-3 hours of fishing) to finish out our session.

If that wasn't you, welcome to the board and if you ever want to come up again, I'd be happy to host!
Curtis
Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeker View Post
Joe, was that you we ran across? If so, my apologies. We were going to head up drainage about 400-500yds (think 2-3 hours of fishing) to finish out our session.

If that wasn't you, welcome to the board and if you ever want to come up again, I'd be happy to host!
Curtis

Wait were you with your son? I think I might of saw you. No apologies needed bud.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Thanks for the rod options caseywise!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joe
Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! We have a few members from So CA so you should be able to get some help on fishing locations and a fishing buddy or two.

Larry

Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

JB from JPYou're right that's a very cool forum
Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 PM

thanks for the welcome!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the board aught seven! milt.