The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:40 PM

especkrx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
No connection, but I think I've seen these guys on the Upper Sac

Home
Thanks I'll check that out more.

And also thanks to everyone else for responding.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:15 PM

fallguy is on a distinguished road

I'll be fishing the lower sac around Redding next week (weds/thurs) in my drift boat. I know the water well and have fished it quite a bit over the past 20+ years. Looking for someone who can fish AND can row! Ideally would like to have 3 in the boat (2 fishing, 1 rowing) with each person able to take a turn on the oars. I've got one friend in town (good fisherman) that should make it on at least one of the days, and my father has shown some interest in fishing but he doesn't row.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'd prefer not to guide (much) so intermediate+ skill level is best, though if you can row you are certainly welcome to come along

Chris

P.S. almost forgot to mention -- fly fishing C&R only!

P.P.S. I floated a 1/2 day on Dec. 27 and it was dynamite. Here's a short video of one of my trout that day:

w6hfp's Channel - YouTube
Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
I'll be fishing the lower sac around Redding next week (weds/thurs) in my drift boat. I know the water well and have fished it quite a bit over the past 20+ years. Looking for someone who can fish AND can row! Ideally would like to have 3 in the boat (2 fishing, 1 rowing) with each person able to take a turn on the oars. I've got one friend in town (good fisherman) that should make it on at least one of the days, and my father has shown some interest in fishing but he doesn't row.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'd prefer not to guide (much) so intermediate+ skill level is best, though if you can row you are certainly welcome to come along

Chris

P.S. almost forgot to mention -- fly fishing C&R only!

P.P.S. I floated a 1/2 day on Dec. 27 and it was dynamite. Here's a short video of one of my trout that day:

w6hfp's Channel - YouTube
damn looks like i got to this a little to late. i wouldve joined u guys for sure.

ive been putting in many hours on the trinity going after steelhead. its been slow out there and id rather not talk about it haha

just in case i dont check the forum frequently enough, my number is 707-365-1906
Old 01-21-2012, 12:42 PM

fallguy is on a distinguished road

Erik and others,

I ended up drifting on Thurs and Fri last week (jan 12/13) and fishing was good but not great. Warm, sunny days with no cloud cover. While the baetis hatch was apparent, it wasn't as prolific as late December when the cloud cover combined to create better hatches. That said, we took quite a few fat rainbows on both days:

Click the image to open in full size.

All these fish were taken on small #18 mayfly nymphs -- S&M, Micro May, etc. The fishing would pick up around 11 am and stay good until about 3 pm. We didn't catch much of anything on either day past 3 pm.

Will be back down in spring for the caddis hatches....

Chris
Old 01-31-2012, 08:31 PM

It looks like I missed out! Glad you got into some nice ones. I'll be here come spring time
Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Well ... if you want to "Come to God's Country" ..... in Southern Oregon (upper Rogue River) give me a 'shout out.'

Fred Evans
Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 PM

dcmcmill is on a distinguished road

you are going to love fishing this area. try hat creek near burney!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmcmill View Post
you are going to love fishing this area. try hat creek near burney!
thanks man. I've seen pics and read about Hat Creek. It definitely sounds like the type of area I enjoy fishing. I'll actually make a point to go out there within a month especially because I've been wanting to check it out for quite a while now. Thanks again!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:32 AM

fisher46 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

You Guys are so lucky. I've been trying to move up there forever. It's that pesky employment thing. It always gets in the way of my fishing. those 5 hour drives could be time I'm spending holding my switch rod and not the steering wheel. Anybody need a house built or an employee?. I'm a motived General contractor/carpenter/residential electrician/building maintenance guy. "I'm serious. I love it up there. I'm ready and able to relocate. It is definitely Gods country up there. I have a resume ready to go If need be. Email me at RBCONTRACTING@GMAIL.COM
Old 06-30-2012, 04:51 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

F46 you might want to look into Medford, Oregon area?