The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Southwest (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-southwest/)
-   -   Reddng, CA - New Member (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-southwest/224025-reddng-ca-new-member.html)

especkrx 01-03-2012 07:47 PM

Reddng, CA - New Member

Hey guys,

I recently moved to Redding and have slowly been getting to know the area. I have been trout fishing the Sacramento River upstream from the Sundial bridge and steelhead fishing along the Trinity River.

I joined the forum mainly to find some people to go fishing with. So if you live in the area, let me know and I would be more than happy to meet up with you.

Thanks,
Erik

...and just in case i dont check back frequently enough, my number is 707-365-1906. Give me a shout!

siskiyoublues 01-03-2012 08:25 PM

Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

Howdy Erik! Im in up McCloud, was out fishing the upper sac by dunsmuir today and yesterday. I am hoping to do a float on the lower sac sometime next week. I'll send you a message when I have a better idea of when and where.

trout trekker 01-03-2012 08:32 PM

Hey Erik welcome to the forum.

I'm a ways south of you on the lower west slope of the Sierra's. I've put in my time on the rivers and creeks to the north and west of you, Dunsmuir - Burney - Douglas City, etc.
There's got to be someone here that hails from the Redding area.

While you wait, grab a seat on the log, poor yourself a tin cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy the campfire.

Dave

.......and there you have it, Siskiyoublues beat me to it.

especkrx 01-03-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siskiyoublues (Post 373570)
Howdy Erik! Im in up McCloud, was out fishing the upper sac by dunsmuir today and yesterday. I am hoping to do a float on the lower sac sometime next week. I'll send you a message when I have a better idea of when and where.

Ok sounds great! I wouldn't mind coming up your way either. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by trout trekker (Post 373573)
Hey Erik welcome to the forum.

I'm a ways south of you on the lower west slope of the Sierra's. The on ramp for the nearest highway to me says: left lane, South Lake Tahoe. I've put in my time on the rivers and creeks to the north and west of you, Dunsmuir - Burney - Douglas City, etc.
There's got to be someone here that hails from the Redding area.

While you wait, grab a seat on the log, poor yourself a tin cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy the campfire.

Dave

.......and there you have it, Siskiyoublues beat me to it.

Thanks Dave.

mcnerney 01-04-2012 10:45 AM

Erik: Welcome to the forum! I can't help with the local knowledge stuff, but we have a number of folks in your area of California that should be able to help out.

Larry

dhayden 01-04-2012 01:24 PM

No connection, but I think I've seen these guys on the Upper Sac

Home

jpbfly 01-04-2012 01:53 PM

:welcomeanEric....I think you'll find some good fishing buddies on the forum soon;)

mikel 01-04-2012 06:38 PM

Hi Erik...I'm up there a few times every year...I'm sure there are few more around here. You're smack in the middle of fishing paradise! The upper Sac is a hoot to fish.

-Mike

siskiyoublues 01-04-2012 06:53 PM

Hey Mike you don't happen to also be a rangefinder geek by any chance?

Edit:Nvm see your older then the other MikeL I know. Ya never know,

mikel 01-04-2012 07:00 PM

:) I'm kind of a geek, but ignorent about rangefinders...