The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 07:47 PM

especkrx is on a distinguished road
Default Reddng, CA - New Member

Hey guys,

I recently moved to Redding and have slowly been getting to know the area. I have been trout fishing the Sacramento River upstream from the Sundial bridge and steelhead fishing along the Trinity River.

I joined the forum mainly to find some people to go fishing with. So if you live in the area, let me know and I would be more than happy to meet up with you.

Thanks,
Erik

...and just in case i dont check back frequently enough, my number is 707-365-1906. Give me a shout!

Last edited by especkrx; 01-15-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice
Default Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

Howdy Erik! Im in up McCloud, was out fishing the upper sac by dunsmuir today and yesterday. I am hoping to do a float on the lower sac sometime next week. I'll send you a message when I have a better idea of when and where.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:32 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Hey Erik welcome to the forum.

I'm a ways south of you on the lower west slope of the Sierra's. I've put in my time on the rivers and creeks to the north and west of you, Dunsmuir - Burney - Douglas City, etc.
There's got to be someone here that hails from the Redding area.

While you wait, grab a seat on the log, poor yourself a tin cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy the campfire.

Dave

.......and there you have it, Siskiyoublues beat me to it.

Last edited by trout trekker; 01-05-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 PM

especkrx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
Howdy Erik! Im in up McCloud, was out fishing the upper sac by dunsmuir today and yesterday. I am hoping to do a float on the lower sac sometime next week. I'll send you a message when I have a better idea of when and where.
Ok sounds great! I wouldn't mind coming up your way either. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
Hey Erik welcome to the forum.

I'm a ways south of you on the lower west slope of the Sierra's. The on ramp for the nearest highway to me says: left lane, South Lake Tahoe. I've put in my time on the rivers and creeks to the north and west of you, Dunsmuir - Burney - Douglas City, etc.
There's got to be someone here that hails from the Redding area.

While you wait, grab a seat on the log, poor yourself a tin cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy the campfire.

Dave

.......and there you have it, Siskiyoublues beat me to it.
Thanks Dave.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Erik: Welcome to the forum! I can't help with the local knowledge stuff, but we have a number of folks in your area of California that should be able to help out.

Larry

Old 01-04-2012, 01:24 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

No connection, but I think I've seen these guys on the Upper Sac

Home
Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Eric....I think you'll find some good fishing buddies on the forum soon
Old 01-04-2012, 06:38 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Hi Erik...I'm up there a few times every year...I'm sure there are few more around here. You're smack in the middle of fishing paradise! The upper Sac is a hoot to fish.

-Mike
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Hey Mike you don't happen to also be a rangefinder geek by any chance?

Edit:Nvm see your older then the other MikeL I know. Ya never know,

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:00 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

I'm kind of a geek, but ignorent about rangefinders...