The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghocevar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about
Default Fly fishing in the float tube

With the locals approaching low water levels and higher temps, I decided to do plan B. I grabbed the float tube and let some air out and headed for the mountains. I pay my fee and decide that its going to be a long warm summer and that I will need to get my mental therapy. So I paid for the season pass for the lake and hit the lake on the tube. WIthin an hour I had texted Curtis and said that this was BOOORRRINNNGGG. I miss hiking the trails and sneaking up on some fish. Creeking does have its advantages.
I switch flies a few times and finally get one on a purple wooley bugger. I get several more hits but after a while the floatilla of traffic killed the bite. I quit looking for fish and started trolling around the other boats and noticed a very nice bikini hatch going off.... Just around 1 pm I see a pirate ship making the rounds and decide that its time to call it a day. I was out on the water for about 5 hours kicking around the dam mainly and I did have some fun, just wish the fishing would have been better. I guess next time I will have to get to the dock at 6 am instead of 9 am. I guess it was a good day, hopefully next time it wont be so crowded.
What it looked like at first
Click the image to open in full size.
Pic of the fish
Pic of the Time Bandit
Old 07-09-2012, 08:00 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fly fishing in the float tube

I heard there's a new pirate movie coming out....

It's rated aaaaaaRrrrgghhhhh!
milt spawn likes this.