The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By rickyortiz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 04:18 PM

rickyortiz will become famous soon enoughrickyortiz will become famous soon enough
Default Fall browns

I finally got out yesterday after about a 2 month break from fishing been super busy with new job, and I'm a licensed Falconer and I just trapped a new redtail hawk to hunt with this month so thats been taking up alot of my free time as well. But, yesterday got up and hit the water and managed to land a couple browns I was excited about the first one it was about 12" and at that time the biggest brown I've caught. I've only been able to catch little bitty guys on a spinning rod using night crawlers so I was excited. I had a couple more on but didnt get to land them. I moved a little more down river and stopped to check a spot out and as I was getting my rod set up I saw a pair of Bald eagles come and land on a tree over looking the river. I was very excited about that I've only seen maybe one other one in the wild here in Cali. So I took that as beeing a good omen. I was using using all kinds of different fly patterns big and ugly to small midges and not getting anything and so I tied on a diving caddis pattern that I caught my last biggest rainbow ever on a fly rod, and the pattern I got off this forum I start working it just in front of some riffles and letting it drag through it and then it felt like I hooked into a VW followed by 6 explosive aerial acrobatic jumps and to my delighted surprise I had just hooked into a monster Brown (at least a monster to me) Thing was as fat as a football and pushing a little over 24" I was very excited! I landed him quickly and took a few shots and set him on his way It was a great day to be on the water and I love the fall brown trout fishing!!!!

the 12"
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:38 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fall browns

Beauties!! Congrats.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice, congrats on an awesome outting!

Old 10-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Boy it looks warm there Glad to see someone getting out in shirt sleeves.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-27-2012, 07:52 PM

rickyortiz will become famous soon enoughrickyortiz will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys, and it was cold in the morning but I think it warmed up to bout 70 yesterday lol
Old 10-27-2012, 08:33 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Wow, Ricky...nice fish! -Mike
Old 10-27-2012, 11:54 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Very nice catches.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough

That second fish is a beauty!