The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By timred

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 01:09 AM

coloradocaddis970 will become famous soon enough
Default Coming to LA..

I'm coming to LA May18 to the 26th. Is there any decent fishing in the area? Would anyone maybe want to meet up and hang out with a fellow Coloradoan and show me around. I might have a day or 2 that i can dedicate to it?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:25 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Coming to LA..

Hope you have a nice trip. I live too far up north now to help, but try calling Fishermen's Spot in Van Nuys, CA for intel. 818.785.7306. Very helpful group.

Craig
Old 04-20-2013, 05:19 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

We have suffered through a really bad no rain/snow year here in SoCal. Most of the local streams are running very low. Check with Steve, Ken, Dave or Dean at the "Spot" for further information. If you are interested in FF the surf, Dean is the man.

Here are some of the local streams:

California Fly Fishing Information | Pasadena Fly Fishing Hot Spots

If you have a full day available, consider a run up to the Kern River above Kernville, CA. Check the Kern River Forum for current information and give Guy Jean's Shop a call. There are some very large rainbows in that river and it is the closest large, running cold water to LA...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 04-27-2013, 08:31 PM

timred is on a distinguished road

I would suggest maybe trying Santa Anita Canyon, or Ice House canyon in Mt. Baldy.
they are good for a few hours, but right now the water is low. But its getting warmer so there might be some small action.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Tim,

You should do an intro thread and say hi to everyone, it's a friendly bunch here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-28-2013, 05:26 PM

rasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the rough

Everything is really skinny now, West Fork of San Gabriel is no too bad. There are a few streams in San Bernadino mountains. I would also suggest Upper Kern above Kernville.

My Guide
Taupo Turangi North Island New Zealand Fly fishing Guide
Old 04-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I would travel half way across the country and fish for the same stuff I have at home. There are lakes like Perris there in the LA area that have monstor Largemouth. You have a perfectly good ocean right there as well.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 PM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about

If it is not too late go fish the surf!
The folks at His and Her Flyshop in Costa Mesa know the surf well.

hisherflyfishing.com