The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM

bquick will become famous soon enough
Question Lower Sac Hatch Info - Late October

I'll be out there the last week of October and would like some info for what flies and sizes I should tie up.

Will the salmon spawn be over by then?

I'm thinking 14-16 black caddis and 16 BH prince nymphs for starters.

Thanks!

Bryan
Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lower Sac Hatch Info - Late October

Contact these guys.

THE FLY SHOP® - FLY FISHING EQUIPMENT, GUIDE SERVICES, AND INTERNATIONAL FLY FISHING TRIPS

Dennis
Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 PM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

If you are thinking about a guided trip, I can't say enough good about Chris Parsons out of the same shop. He also has a website called Bethefly.com.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

For phone info TFS is really the only game in town. There are many many excellent guides not affiliated with the shop who can squire you on the river and put you on great fish. Hogan Brown, Ryan Johnson, Darrin Deel (my favorite) and others. I wouldn't automatically book with TFS for a guide without checking around a bit.

-Mike
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 AM

bquick will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys-

Cheers