The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Lower Sac, Lower Feather, lower Yuba, or Moke

Earlier this year I found a guide named Chris Gearhart that is the most reasonably priced guide for float trips that I have ever heard of. One of my CFFU club members recommended him.

So I'm wondering if any of my fellow Californians have any current fishing reports for the Lower Sac, Feather, Lower Yuba, or Moke.

I've never fished the Feather or the Moke, but I really like fishing the Lower Sac and Lower Yuba. I've never floated the Lower Yuba - I've only wade fished it at the University of CA. Agricultural Center near Oregon House with my club.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 PM

k9mark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lower Sac, Lower Feather, lower Yuba, or Moke

Having fished the moke but never the feather....id go to the feather...
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 PM

winxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the rough

What do you plan on fishing for? The salmon are coming up the feather in pretty good numbers. Might want to check it out. I have been personally busy with work but in the next week or so I will be trying to get into some salmon with my new 9wt Sage TCX spey rod. I will be on the Feather or the American river.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
What do you plan on fishing for? The salmon are coming up the feather in pretty good numbers. Might want to check it out. I have been personally busy with work but in the next week or so I will be trying to get into some salmon with my new 9wt Sage TCX spey rod. I will be on the Feather or the American river.
I'm targeting trout. I personally only fish for salmon in the salt or coastal rivers. Once they get to the inland rivers where they spawn I personally believe they should be left alone. Fish and Wildlife already had to close the King Salmon Fishery for 2 years in row. Dams and more have already screwed up the Salmon Fishery enough by reducing the salmon's history spawning habitat. Sorry I'm pretty passionate about the salmon fishery, because my dad was a part time commercial salmon fisherman.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM

the_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura about

i fished the feather and yuba alot, both are a good beat, if you get the chance head higher on the sac, its fun as well