The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 12:18 AM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kirman Lake Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi VB,

I know very well what it's like to fish where you know there are fish and draw a blank. What I really want to know is what's up with the step ladder shot................
Ard,

I know it looks goofy, but there are three places where you have to cross barbed wire fences. The area is leased to cattle ranchers, but the trail itself is open to the public to allow access to the lake. The ladders are permanent structures to facilitate human crossing, presumably to limit damage to the barbed wire fences.

-VB

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
VB: I forgot to ask about the Outcast, does it come with the straps for backpacking, or was that something you rigged up? Also how much does it weigh? Sure looks like a great setup for backpacking into lakes off the hwy.

Larry
Larry, I bought the backpack straps from a fly shop as an accessory. The straps are made by Outcast and clip onto rings that are already part of the float tube itself. I believe all of the Outcast tubes have the attachment points so they can be carried that way. Here's an image:

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com

-Eric