The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Southwest (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-southwest/)
-   -   New to Fly Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific-southwest/341471-new-fly-fishing.html)

dryflyer 01-02-2014 01:53 AM

New to Fly Fishing

Hi Everyone,

I just want to introduce my self on this forum. Just went fly fishing for the first time at Putah Creek today and have a blast (even thought I didn't even get a bit). If anyone lives close to Vacaville, CA and ever wants someone to come fishing with them please let me know, I would love to meet some people that are into this sport, as I don't have any friends that fly fish. Also, if anyone has any general tips or recommends if would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Hardyreels 01-02-2014 02:20 AM

Re: New to Fly Fishing

Hello Josh,

This forum is full of information, just start clicking on thread titles that look interesting and you'll be surprised with some of the in depth discussions on flies - techniques and gear.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, the more visible you are the more likely to find a member who is nearby. If you didn't include your location in your posting info at the upper right on your posts, do that. If you look at my top right you'll see where I am located. When people know you are nearby they will reach out to you. When they know nothing about you,....... well, they know nothing about you :)

Welcome to the Forum,

Ard

milt spawn 01-02-2014 08:43 PM

Welcome to the forum dryflyer! Lots of good fishing up that way, good clubs too. Hope we get some snow and rain soon so we have decent water this year. milt

oldskoo11 01-09-2014 12:34 PM

Hello dryflyer. I live fairly close to you. In the same region. I live on the west shore of Clearlake. I am brand new to fly fishing as well. Anytime your in my area or want to plan a trip in the general vicinity let me know. I am not beyond heading your way as well. Welcome to the forums....Oldskoo11

Eddie O'Neill 01-09-2014 01:28 PM

Welcome to the forum Josh, and a lifetime obsession:rolleyes:

jpbfly 01-09-2014 01:49 PM

:welcomean to the forum Josh...you'll find tons of infos here and I hope a good fishing bud too;)

mcnerney 01-09-2014 03:54 PM

Josh: Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, someone on the forum will see your location and offer to help out.

Larry

ia_trouter 01-09-2014 04:11 PM

Welcome to the forum Josh. Give this place 90 days of dedicated reading and you will be amazed how much these guys will teach you. Wish I lived close so we could go fishing. You'll find somebody nearby if you hang out here awhile.

nickel 01-10-2014 10:59 PM

dryflyer

Welcome to fly fishing and hope you stick with it as a hobby, recreation, or lifestyle. I'm sure as you progress it will all combine into a lifestyle as it always seems to be the norm in most cases!. I live a stones throw away from you so if you're ever looking for a partner on the water hit me up. I'm always wading a stream, floating stillwater or navigating a river. I fish mostly during the week so often times have an open sit on my raft.

dryfly256 01-10-2014 11:06 PM

Welcome to the forum! Great place to get information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk