The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By nathanvn
  • 1 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 10:21 PM

nathanvn is on a distinguished road
Default New Fly Fisherman. Gold River, CA

Hello folks! My name is Nathan and I have recently got into fly fishing. Yesterday I caught my first fish (4 inch bass) on a brown woolybugger with a Orvis Clearwater rod at a local pond and I am now hooked! I am wondering if anyone would like to go fishing sometime? I am located in Gold River, California and would love to make new fishing friends!

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.

Last edited by nathanvn; 03-23-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Fly Fisherman. Gold River, CA

Nathan: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! Congrats on your first fish on a fly rod. I live in western Wyoming so it is a little far for me to go fishing with you, but maybe we have others that live in your area. Best of luck and kudos to you for figuring out how to post photos on the forum.

Larry
fredaevans likes this.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 AM

cardinalflier is on a distinguished road

Hi Nathan: Check out the Granite Bay Flycasters. They are an awesome club. Their website gives you all the information you need to attend their monthly meetings at the activiety center in Granite Bay at Lake Folsom, not too far from you. I joined 6 months ago and am loving it. Bruce Estes
Old 03-24-2014, 08:07 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum Nathan, glad to see you have got the bug (forgive the pun). Lots of great people and knowledge here, hope you enjoy
Old 03-25-2014, 05:01 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: New Fly Fisherman. Gold River, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalflier View Post
Hi Nathan: Check out the Granite Bay Flycasters. They are an awesome club. Their website gives you all the information you need to attend their monthly meetings at the activiety center in Granite Bay at Lake Folsom, not too far from you. I joined 6 months ago and am loving it. Bruce Estes
+1 to/for joining a fly fishing club. Will take a bit of time before the folks get comfortable on giving you 'what/where/when/how' but that's the norm. Hang in fellow, hang in!

fae
Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to both of you Nathan and Bruce.
We use to be just up Hwy 50 from you, we’re over on the Feather now, but we make it back over there often enough. You’ll both find plenty of guys here from the surrounding area.
I’ll double down on the Granite Bay Fly Casters recommendation if you decide its for you, they’re a great group.

If you spot this Hyde drifting the area rivers, give us a shout.
Dave

Yep, that's Granite Bay.....