The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 PM

tight loops is on a distinguished road
Default From the Desert

Hello, I am new to the forum and kinda new to fly fishing. I am spending the summer in colorado and loving the fishing... go everyday... I am just looking for some spots to go when i get home in 10 days. Any input on good trout fishing near the Coachella Valley would be appreciated.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From the Desert

tight loops: Welcome to the forum and fly fishing! Colorado has some great fly fishing so I hope your having a blast discovering some of it. Sorry I can't help on the Coachella Valley fishing, maybe someone here can provide some information.

Larry
Old 08-13-2010, 09:34 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

big bear lake 100 miles float tubing best, inspection and fee; lake hemet 40 miles no inflatables or body contact excellent bass fishing on the lower colorado 90 miles i have lived in the valley a long time and have a lot more info
Old 08-14-2010, 01:18 PM

milt- thanks for the info. have some direction now. bass fishing sounds good any info on that would be awesome. not finding much. thanks again
Old 08-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Spawn & Loops,

Welcome to the forum, as you continue to participate here you'll find that many of us are tight lipped about posting 'Hot Spot' directions on the Internet. Don't take this as a negative because it is not that at all. For many of us the journey and search for fishing waters equals the reward of solitude and good fishing.

I hope you both continue to post and share your experiences but many may appreciate directions to good spots being given via the PM system. When you think about it, it's good sense.

Welcome to the group,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-14-2010, 10:20 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

acknowledged... these waters are hardly secrets. i'm so tight lipped this was my first ever forum post. by the way, what's PM? i'm assuming it's a way to talk directly to tight loops w/o divulging info to others.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Yes, PM is a privet message. To send one click the members user name and a menu will drop down. Select 'Send a privet message' and click away. I use this a lot when talking to other members. I'll send you one,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 PM

milt- thanks for the pm... thanks again for giving me some direction. fly fishing for bass sounds awesome. i grew up fishing for bass great fighting fish