The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By snavehd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2015, 08:30 PM

snavehd is on a distinguished road
Default Upper Klamath Trip

This is also in the PNW section as I wasn't sure where exactly to post.

Hello all,
My brother and I will be heading for the Seiad Valley area at the end of March. We both grew up in Maine, are recent transplants to the West, and don't know the area that well. We would love to have the opportunity to catch a wild steelhead. I'm not looking for super secret honey holes or obscure, closely guarded patterns, just a general sense of what we will be getting into and tips for where to camp/park. We are both combat veterans and have a high tolerance for physical exertion. We don't mind roughing it if it means being able to put flies in front of fish, and to be honest, the more remote the better.

Thank you in advance for any tips, please use the private message function if you are going to divulge anything others might not want in the public domain. I have "earned my spot" on a few rivers and understand the sensitivity locals possess toward home waters. These days it is more than warranted.

Last but not least, if you are in the area March 19th-? and come across two guys sporting large beards and tattoos, stop and say hello or share a beer. I promise we are a lot nicer than we look. I plan on spending more and more time in the area and would love to get know others that fish it regularly.
mcnerney and sheepdog like this.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:20 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upper Klamath Trip

"The Man" you want to talk to/correspond is Nate Bailey. Now a Guide and I think he posts here on a regular basis. If not the speypages; He has names for most of the river rocks.

fae
Old 03-09-2015, 12:04 PM

snavehd is on a distinguished road

Fred,
Thanks for the info! I'll try to track him down, and that's a great last name you have
Old 03-09-2015, 07:58 PM

sheepdog will become famous soon enoughsheepdog will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum! The crowd here is very generous and exceptionally helpful, so you should run into the information you're looking for. Sorry I don't have anything for you as far as that location goes but if your patient, you should get some takers! I'd recommend putting a similar post in the Oregon region section and see if you get any help from that end as well!

Tight lines,
Gary
Old 03-10-2015, 07:38 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snavehd View Post
Fred,
Thanks for the info! I'll try to track him down, and that's a great last name you have
I think this is his web site/email: ontheflyguide@centurylink.net Found his web sit: http://www.southernoregonflyfishing.com/about-us/ Wife-type and the Boys are a total hoot.

Not supposed to advertise here, but I've been around so many years I don't care.

Wife type works at a coffee shop where I have breakfast a couple of times per week. I can't remember the last time I was actually handed me a menu. The plate, coffee cup filled, in front, on the table. Looking down at "Mz Turkey" now, (before it was Sandy and Husky), 'We have lots of left overs.'

Last edited by fredaevans; 03-10-2015 at 08:00 PM.