Snow, at last...

yikes

Reaction score
Our Southern California mountains have not seen snow in quite some time, but we did manage to get a light dusting all the way down to some lower elevations last Friday. This picture was taken on Saturday, when the weather was a sunny but relatively cool 26F.

Not too many fish remaining in here right now. This particular spot has seen a lot of pressure over the summer and fall. The remaining wild browns and stocked bows were feeding in the morning, but had shut down after lunchtime. The guy in the picture caught 5 total.
Still, it was a very pretty day, and a great opportunity to get out on this small stream before the hoped-for El Nino storms inundate the area.

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
That sure looks like some fun water to toss a fly. I love fishing smaller streams. I wish we had more of them within a short drive. Thanks for sharing.

darkshadow

Reaction score
I knew when I sent you that Doppler screenshot that you may run into some of the white stuff up there. I checked out a few creeks below the spot where chains are required, and they looked to be in decent shape considering the lack of water lately.

I want to get use of my 2015 license before i need to start packing my 2016...but I don't know if that'll be possible with the impending holidays.

Thanks for the report!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Yikes: Beautiful small stream, thanks for sharing.
We don't have much more snow, maybe 3-4 inches, it seems lately that all the big storms are going around us here in western Wyoming.

Darkshadow: I feel the same way, so I'm planning on going fishing tomorrow!

yikes

Reaction score
Yikes: Beautiful small stream, thanks for sharing.
We don't have much more snow, maybe 3-4 inches, it seems lately that all the big storms are going around us here in western Wyoming.

Darkshadow: I feel the same way, so I'm planning on going fishing tomorrow!
We've all been praying and hoping for an end to the drought. But now that we have indications of an El Nino season of back-to-back storms, I'm feeling this urgency to be on the water "just one more time" before getting shut out for the winter.