The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: 13+" Trout in California Rivers

You guys are making me want to come fish the Truckee

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-05-2010, 01:02 AM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

He He He, you have to love being in the right place at the right time.
Better than luck, is proper position.
Ard, you know most of the time you have lots of semi dumb fish.
As a guide here, I get tired of hearing about your 120 fish days!
Come on down if you want, we'll camp out and fish all night/day.
I know where Walter lives.

Jim

Bigfly
Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 AM

goby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
Thanks Goby,

I know all those places well and as a matter of fact I have have shopped at Keine's for over 25+. Matter of fact I am going into Keine's tomorrow to pick up a blank replacement from Sage since I broke my Sage Light Line rod tip a month ago.

However I was hoping I might learn about some of the spots that you typically do not hear about in fly shops. It was a shot in the dark as I realize most people would not share if they know such places and for good reason, but perhaps someone will send me a P.M. about a good spot.
It's hard to tell if one is a newbie or a veteran on the board, and your question was so broad! I live in Weaverville, and love the Trinity. I recently "discovered" the lower Sacramento in Redding, which is a BIG BIG BIG river!! Suddenly I went from a veteran fly fishing fisher (50-150 days on the river each year ---the Trinity was the biggest river I ever fished. I love the Upper Sac too) to a complete and total newbie! The lower Sac is HUGE!!! I feel totally lost there---but I'm learning and I'm excited! And I've seen 28" trout taking a caddis, so I know big fish are out there.

Sorry about breaking your LL. They are amazing. Way back when I choose an Orvis 2wt Superfine instead of an LL. I love it, but hear there might not be any replacements if I break it.