The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 PM

DSFlyman is on a distinguished road
Default Deep Creek

I keep hearing and reading about it but I've never fished it. Anyone been there lately?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:59 AM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Deep Creek

Tried getting there two weeks ago but the snow blocked my way in. The road is not mainained past a certain point and it needed a snow plow. Since we are having a summer period I would expect that its clear now of snow.

Sean
Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about

Went there last Saturday and the road is open and clear of snow. Well it is to the splinters cabin fork where you can park your vehicle. Just don't block the gate. Also lots of ticks were out, buddies dog had several and he found one on him. Caught my best fish out of there so far with that being an 11 inch rainbow

Sean
Old 02-05-2009, 11:34 PM

dryflybrian is on a distinguished road

hello. my family and i have recently moved to socal from arkansas. i just found this forum, and have already gained some good information. however, i am looking for at least a little more. arkansas has some great trout water, and i am excited to find some spots out here.

i spent about 6 hours this past saturday walking all over the area just below bear lake dam looking for glory ridge trail head (an exhausting 6hrs and about 5,000 vertical feet up and down and around...). i wanted to get to bear creek, and was using some directions i found online. those directions proved to be of little use, as i never even made it to the water.

could anyone offer assistance in pointing me to some of the trout destinations i have read about in these discussions? bear creek, deep creek, and the west fork, ... thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Brian, sending you a PM

Sean
Old 12-13-2009, 09:13 PM

951tightline is on a distinguished road

can anyone send me some directions to deep creek? and do you think a car will make it back there?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 PM

flyafishionado is on a distinguished road

Deep Creek behind Lake Arrowhead is high clearance 4 wheel drive vehicle country.
These photos are from 10/24/2009.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/flyafishionado/