The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Pacific Southwest

Pacific Southwest California and Hawaii. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 11:26 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about
Default firewood creek

I had the pleasure of getting out this past weekend with a fellow Deep creek flyfishing club member. We did not go to said creek but instead hit up unknown waters to him, hence the name Firewood Creek. Then again just about any creek from the high flows and the amount of stuff flowing down them after the past few weeks of rain could be Firewood Creek. First off is a picture of the creek, You might be able to spot Scott through the firewood, remember that I and the wood were abit above Scott.Click the image to open in full size.
I have spent the past few weeks after my surgery tying some flies. Turns out I now have over 200 flies tied. Only problem is that I am now low on hooks and need to go back to either Bass Pro or Bob Marriots :bananadance: One of the fellow addicts sent me a few of his flies and I wound up tying at least 6 of each. Also while at BSP, my son jokingly asks me if I have ever used pink for a fly as he picks up some pink dyed deer hair. Does it catch fish, it sure does!!Click the image to open in full size..
Click the image to open in full size. Works great as a hi vis indicator fly. You can spot that puppy anywhere!!
I caught my first Brownie of the year Click the image to open in full size. I had a great day on water with some great company that I have only been on twice before. Nothing really of size but then agan I was just glad to be out on the water. Can't wait until the next weekend where I can go out and have some fun. It was so nice being out on the water again.

Sean
Old 01-26-2011, 02:01 AM

951tightline is on a distinguished road
Default Re: firewood creek

That place looks like a war zone! Glad to see you finally back out on the water and catching some fish. Thats a cool little fly you tied!

Good luck out there! Keep me posted.
Tight Lines
-Scott