The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Pacific

Pacific Yukon Territory and British Columbia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:15 PM

Blew Winged Olive is on a distinguished road
Default Shuswap in October

I'm new to the forum and am looking for information on flyfishing on Shuswap Lake in early October.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:56 PM

oscarfly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shuswap in October

i was there 3 years ago... i cant catch any thing... but looks well... i was in blind bay
Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 PM

ra40 is on a distinguished road

The Shuswap area can offer some great fly fishing, especially the Adams River. The Adams River is famous for it's huge sockeye salmon run, in late summer /early fall the sockeye retuirn to spawn in the millions. The big rainbows come out of the lake to feed on eggs. Best patterns are egg and flesh fly's. Try doing a search for Adams River Fly fishing, you should find some info on that river.

Good luck

Here is asome good reading on Adams river
Sockeye Salmon, Adams River, British Columbia. Adams River Salmon Run, BC
Old 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Blew Winged Olive: I can't help with Shuswap info, but just wanted to say "Welcome to the Forum"! Be sure to post a fishing report if you make it up there this fall.

Larry