The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific/)
-   -   Introduction and Some BC Questions! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/pacific/146289-introduction-some-bc-questions.html)

maxstar 06-06-2011 10:43 AM

Introduction and Some BC Questions!

Hey everyone. I'm new to The forum. My name's Max and I live on Oakland, CA. I've been fishing for 8 years in the Eastern and Western Sierras, mainly on the Truckee River.
I just got back from a month of adventuring, camping and fishing through Baja. In mid August, I'm planning on driving the adventure wagon to Vancouver, then heading out for 2 weeks of fishing in BC. I have never been to Canada and have no idea where to go etc. I'm wondering if I can get some insight on which rivers and streams to check out that time of year. I want to target trout streams, preferrably the more remote ones, where I could camp too.

Thanks for any input!

- Max

Hardyreels 06-06-2011 11:22 AM

Re: Introduction and Some BC Questions!

Hi Max,

I have never been to Vancouver but welcome you to the forum anyway. Perhaps we have a member in that area and they will see this post.

Ard

jpbfly 06-06-2011 12:24 PM

:welcomean Max... hope you get some infos soon;)

milt spawn 06-08-2011 04:44 PM

Welcome aboard Max! Need a tire changer on your pit crew? BC to BC, not bad... milt.

maxstar 06-08-2011 05:57 PM

Thanks guys.

Sorry Milt, co-pilot seat has been reserved. If I get bailed on though, you'll be the first to know!

sartana 07-18-2011 11:38 PM

Sorry I didn't register earlier.......lotsa high water this year with weird weather.......hope your trip was good!

caseywise 07-19-2011 12:18 AM

welcome to the forum! good info here:D:D

casey

fisher46 09-23-2011 02:29 AM

Why are Canadians so nice? Because they are so near to lots and lots of great fishing. I'd love to move to Canada. Anyone want to hire a good contractor for your building project. Ive got lots of successful jobs under my belt. I promise to keep the fishing time down so it doesn't effect your project. After that though, I want to see if it's possible to fish until Im sick of it. I've tried before but the trip ends before that's possible.

gatortransplant 09-23-2011 09:35 AM

:welcome: Max! Hope you get your questions answered, and hope to see photos of all your adventures!

anadromous angling addict 01-02-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxstar (Post 267219)
Hey everyone. I'm new to The forum. My name's Max and I live on Oakland, CA. I've been fishing for 8 years in the Eastern and Western Sierras, mainly on the Truckee River.
I just got back from a month of adventuring, camping and fishing through Baja. In mid August, I'm planning on driving the adventure wagon to Vancouver, then heading out for 2 weeks of fishing in BC. I have never been to Canada and have no idea where to go etc. I'm wondering if I can get some insight on which rivers and streams to check out that time of year. I want to target trout streams, preferrably the more remote ones, where I could camp too.

Thanks for any input!

- Max

Hi Max,
I just joined today, sorry I didn't see your post earlier, I probably could have helped out a bit. Did you make it out to BC?