The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Pacific

Pacific Yukon Territory and British Columbia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By coastrider
  • 1 Post By coastrider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 11:51 AM

coastrider is on a distinguished road
Default New to the forum

Hi there, thought id stop in and say hi. Some may notice my handle from other forums. Im from the ECVI and am an avid fly fisherman. Im up at the Oyster river camping this week and have some spare time to check out new forums. Im into single handed and spey casting both fresh and salt water. I tie my own flies and have recently started building my own rods. Hope I can contribute as much as I learn. Cheers, Ed

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
Hope I can contribute as much as I learn. Cheers, Ed
Good idea Ed to the forum
Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:39 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Welcome! Sounds like you fish another area to add to my bucket list!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the welcomes, as it is now I am sitting on a log on the beach watching a kelp bed cautiously for finning coho. Cheers

Old 09-05-2013, 09:28 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: New to the forum

Name of the river is a new one to me, where's it located?

Fred
Old 09-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Hey Fred, it is right by salmon point before campbell river. Since the last post I landed and released this guy. Sorry for the crappy pic but the cell is all I had
Click the image to open in full size.

mridenour likes this.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes, as it is now I am sitting on a log on the beach watching a kelp bed cautiously for finning coho. Cheers

Ed: Welcome to the Forum! Not a bad way to spend the day, fishing for Coho's! Best of luck!

Larry

Old 09-05-2013, 11:01 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey Fred, it is right by salmon point before campbell river. Since the last post I landed and released this guy. Sorry for the crappy pic but the cell is all I had
Click the image to open in full size.

Being a 'Canuk' and having lived in BC (many years back at this point), I'm a tad embarrassed the river location didn't ring a bell.

Island is a great place to live (a couple of years in Victoria); but no one there to take me fishing. Ocean Falls, a different story. Lumber mill (Crown-Z) had a float with several boats, motors/Petrol was kept in a separate shed. Want to fish, just flip the boat over (it rained like hell there), get a motor and your good to go.

Dad didn't like to 'river fish' but he did like the salt.

fae
Old 09-14-2013, 07:48 PM

mcallagan is on a distinguished road

Seen your "handle" in a few other forums.

Great to have you here as well