The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Pacific

Pacific Yukon Territory and British Columbia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 08:55 PM

wmeyer116 is on a distinguished road
Default Fly fishing trip July-November, need places to go

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I need some help planning my trip.

Me and my buddy are planning a backpacking/fly fishing trip in the western United States, Western Canada, and Alaska, from late July to November of 2014. We're from Tennessee, and only get out west a couple times a year, and rarely to Canada at all.

We will be going to Alaska first to hit the salmon runs, and then we will be going down into the Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta, and down into Montana from there.We will be living out of my diesel jeep wrangler, and living a care-free half year in fishing bliss

I really have no knowledge of Canadian fly fishing, where to go, what time to go there, and i was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions. Anything is appreciated. We fish for trout and salmon, but are open to some lake fishing as well. Anything from small mountain streams to large rivers!

Thanks in advance!

Will