The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Pacific

Pacific Yukon Territory and British Columbia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 01:27 PM

funkeeetrout is on a distinguished road
Default Recommendations for a July trip to BC

I live in Phoenix, AZ. My family and I will be in Summerland, BC this summer (first 2 weeks of July) visiting some friends. We plan on being in the Summerland area for 4 or 5 days, then taking the scenic route through Nelson and Fernie to eventually end up in Kalispel, MT for 4 days.

I will probably only have one day to do a guided float trip, and then Iíll likely be able to sneak in some morning and afternoon wades here and there. Iím looking for some recommendations on where the best area would be for the float trip and some areas that I can wade. My initial thoughts were to float the Elk in Fernie, but Iím concerned that it may be too early in the season.

Any recommendations on waters and guides that you could provide are much appreciated.

thanks

-drew