The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Colorado River

My son and I did a float on the Colorado River on Saturday, caught some nice rainbows and a couple nice browns all really nice fighters. The weather was perfect!
Here is a nice brown my son caught toward the end of the float.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is my ugly mug!

Here is a nice rainbow!

Here is my son fighting a nice Colorado River trout!

Larry
Old 08-09-2009, 10:50 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Colorado River

Those are some nice fish Larry. Fun to see pics of another fun day on the water. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jimmie. That section of Colorado is a really pretty area, especially this year with all the rain, everything is still real green where normally all the fields would be brown and the Colorado River still is running very high compared to last year when we fished it.

Larry
Old 08-10-2009, 06:59 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Larry,
Is that up by Parshall? I'm going to be there this coming weekend for a flyfishing get together with a group from another board. The river looks good and it looks like the fish and you are happy. Good deal.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
Larry,
Is that up by Parshall? I'm going to be there this coming weekend for a flyfishing get together with a group from another board. The river looks good and it looks like the fish and you are happy. Good deal.
Yat: I will PM you with the details. You going to LAF?

Larry
Old 08-10-2009, 11:44 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Larry,
Got the IM. Thanks for the info. Looks like your trip was a most relaxing adventure. And yes going to the LAF. Most likely will arrive Friday afternoon. They requested a mandolin player so I couldn't resist.
Bob
Old 08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
Larry,
Got the IM. Thanks for the info. Looks like your trip was a most relaxing adventure. And yes going to the LAF. Most likely will arrive Friday afternoon. They requested a mandolin player so I couldn't resist.
Bob
Yat: have a good time, but be careful, those young guys can drink more than us old farts can! Good luck with the fishing!

Larry
Old 08-10-2009, 11:51 AM

Thanks Larry,
I'll be taking a slow and steady pace on the apres fish activity.
Looking forward to meeting some of the posters.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Yat: Hope you have a good time, the fishing should be awesome. I forgot to mention that when we fished on Sat the clarity of the water was way down due to the recent rains, maybe 1-2 ft. That might have impacted the dry fly action.

Larry
Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Looks like a fantastic day on a beautiful stretch. Thanks for posting.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.